Currently Qredits offers two types of educational programs:
- EigenBaas (BeYourOwnBoss) School program
- EigenBaas Evening Classes
EigenBaas School Program
In 2013 Qredits launched the EigenBaas Educational program for high schools and vocational colleges in the Netherlands.
The educational program consists of:
- Kick-off in which an education mentor of Qredits gives a guest lecture about entrepreneurship and financing. In this guest lecture it is paramount that the stipulations a business plan must meet are highlighted as well as the way in which a credit provider such as Qredits or a regular bank assesses this.
- E-learning: After that, mentored by an economy teacher the students work independently on the Ik word EigenBaas e-learning program to write a business plan for their own company (fictional or real).
- Guest lecture: During the programme several guest lectures are organized by existing entrepreneurs as well as Qredits mentors.
- Pitch: the plans are reviewed together with a mentor (typically a local entrepreneur) and finally each student has to pitch his/her business plan before a jury panel.
- Certificate: the educational program is completed with an exam and, upon passing, the students will receive the EigenBaas certificate.
So far this program has been rolled out in more than 100 classes at vocational colleges and high schools involving more than 3,000 students.
EigenBaas Evening Classes
The EigenBaas evening classes are designed specifically for people coming out of an unemployement situation collecting unemployment benefit and school drop-outs.
The program consists of:
- 10 evening classes with lectures on a variety of subjects relating to entrepreneurship
- E-Learning How to write a business plan
- Pitch event where student pitch their business plan
Certificate upon completion Students who have completed this program will be able to make an informed decision whether entrepreneurship is the way to go for them and possibly have a better chance of obtaining a loan.